It’s a typical Monday night for me. 2 am and I’m still awake. Dreading the fact I have to work tomorrow at 10. I fall asleep every night on his pillow. I hug it so tight you would think it was a life raft. Usually sleep eludes me without him here. Here is a list of ideas on how to fall asleep on those restless nights …
1. Warm milk and cookies. Who are you kidding I’m not four. There are days where I get so depressed I wouldn’t stop at just a few cookies. Mint Oreos are my favorite go to cookie. But I’ve caught myself eating the whole package once, twice or maybe it was every time. Those cookies are no longer allowed in my house. I can’t eat just 1 ☹️
2. Exercise so much you pass out. Um no. Who wants to go to sleep all sweaty and nasty. I’d have to take a shower and that would wake me right up. Skip that idea.
3. My moms favorite is knock yourself out with a cast iron frying pan. She hit my dad with one and knocked his azz out. Although not sure I would like the headache in the morning.
4. Cough syrup overdose. Hey some say it works with kids. I’d have a problem with nasty cherry flavor or getting jittery. Might have to look in to this and see if newer cough syrup comes in better flavors. Coffee flavor would be good.
5. Try yoga to relax yourself. Only problem there is my balance. With Multiple Sclerosis my balance sucks. I’d worry about falling over and breaking my hip. Don’t think I would sleep well after that unless dr prescribed narcotics to knock me out. That might work but I’m a sissy and don’t like pain.
6. Right now I use the old easy way. Watching criminal minds until I pass out. It even helps me have some colorful dreams. If your not afraid of dreams where someone is chasing you and trying to kill you. I suggest this or maybe a milder show like Smurfs. Although I’m not sure if they still show that on normal tv.
I wanted to add a cute little note about my husband’s uniform. My favorite piece is his yellow safety jacket. It was so bright when he got it I thought it was glowing in the dark. Here it is 3 years later and still ugly as ever. But it keeps him visible. A driver at his old job didn’t wear his one night. Another trucker backed up, not seeing the other driver, and ran him over. So in my opinion if that ugly jacket is going to keep him visible in the dark. Then I want him to wear it. His safety is more important then his lack of style sense. Then again he’s a guy lol they don’t have fashion sense. 🤩🤩🤩
Have a great day. And remember, when he gets home to hug him real tight and remind him how much he means to you.
Till next time around,