Here are a few questions no one ever asks but were bugging me. Click on the blue words for links to more information. This is perfect for family night trivia. I’ve also added a yummy taco recipe for you to enjoy together 🤩
- When were crayons invented? 1903
- What year did the first KFC open? 1930
- When was first cell phone call ? 1973
- When was cyanide discovered? 1782
- What nut has highest calories ? Macadamia
- How many hairs on the average blonde head? 150,000 more than any other hair color.
- How many calories in a 7-11 chocolate covered donut? 250
- What was the length of world’s longest fingernails ever recorded ? 28 ft 4 inches
- What’s the highest score you can get on your SAT ? 2400
- What brand of beer has the lowest carbs? Budweiser select 55
- At what age did the oldest recorded human die? Jeanne Calment 122 years 16 months
- How old was the oldest dog ? Bluey from Australia 29 years 5 months
- When was the color Chartreuse formulated? 1987
- When was the first Hershey bar with almonds made ? 1908
- What does the word “vermicelli” means in Italian ? Thin Worms
- What was the fattest cat named cat ? Himmy from Australia 46.8 lbs
- What’s the smallest tree? Dwarf Willow
- What building is the tallest in world today? Burj Khalifa in Dubai
- What’s mph of fastest car as of 2018? Hennessey Venom F5 301 mph
- Where is the world’s smallest house ? In London it’s 188 ft
- Where were gummy bears created ? Germany early 1920’s
- When was first dishwasher made? 1886 (no kids don’t count)
- How many names are written around the base of Eiffel Tower ? 72
- What state is it legal to hunt unicorns? Michigan
- How do I upset Siri ? Calling her Alexa or Cortana
How did she wash her hair??? Gross
As promised here is a taco recipe. I found it at Dinner at the Zoo’s blog post. Link is after recipe.
GROUND BEEF TACOS
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 8 taco shells
- assorted toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion and shredded cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- 2 .Add the ground beef and break up with a spatula.
- Add the onion to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is done and onion is soft, 5-6 minutes.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Stir to coat the meat in the seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the beef into the taco shells and add toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.
We could even do it in our pj’s. I buy us a pair every year for Christmas Eve. I usually get matching ones from Kohl’s but this year I’m going to try target. That is my new favorite store. I signed up on a whim my last visit. They gave me a credit card and I earned $10 in gift cards with my last purchase. They have great sales and have a good coupon policy. They allow you to match paper coupons with digital ones using their cartwheel app. You can find it described more by following this link. If I can ever figure out how to fix my Apple ID I would download it again. Something to add to my ever growing To Do list. I have a few more wreaths to make for friend and family gifts first. I hope they like them. I enjoyed making them. The tri colored one I’m thinking of adding a small chalkboard to it. Can write Merry Christmas on it or whatever suits your fancy. Maybe you would prefer it in Polish like our friends the Lis family. Either way you get to choose.