I’m way out in God’s country taking a peek into how the other side lives. Peace, quiet, vehicles from the years past and cute little baby goats. If you look hard enough at any situation you can find the silver lining.
Presently it’s raining outside. Crappy for some but peaceful comforting music to others. We are way out in the back woods of NY. Last sign we passed, many miles back, said South New Berlin. There was a school, a gas station, a few churches and a bar also. Typical small town country life. Out here you’ll never now what you will find. It’s the country way of life. It’s the way I was raised. Little tiny town called Schenevus NY. Somewhere between Albany and Binghamton. Just follow route 7 and you’ll find it. Many small towns getting smaller while bigger places like Oneonta and Cooperstown are growing.
The little mom and pop stores are pretty much all gone. A fine memory of times passed. Penny candy and candy cigarettes. How I miss those easy days. Nobody was trying to steal other people’s kids or your retirement investment, out of your back yard. We lived way out on a hill. For awhile I was oldest kid on the school bus, in elementary school. No school shootings or your neighbors kid strung out on heroin. Tad poles in ditch by the road to watch grow. Poor frogs they have no clue what awaits them. Maybe it would be kinder to just squish them now. Don’t make them suffer watching their siblings be run over by grandmas caddy on her way to church. I miss those days. Hell I miss my dad. He passed years ago but I think of him everyday. He’d be so proud of my son Logan. Bringing home another project car and “yes” it’s a Ford. He loved his Fords. Waiting for the idiot my son bought the car from. He knew we were coming a week ago. But still his ass was not here. He said 10 minutes which in country time is 2 hours. No respect for others this younger crowd. I would have “gotten swatted” our parents would say. As for me and my boys it was “Dad ain’t gonna be happy. We’ll have hell to pay”. Or mom’s famous words “The shit is getting deep pick up your feet”. Or my saying “I don’t have a shovel big enough to deal with your shit. Also heard “Go running home to mama you sissy” lol. Simpler days ☹️
Do the kids nowadays even know how to entertain themselves? How about going in the back yard and climbing trees with friends? I remember a picture of my friend Harmony way up in a tree. Happy as a pig in shit I reckon. Simpler days. Hide and go seek in the back yard with flash lights, for hours. No body going home till mom starts to holler. New it was time to go home when street lights came on or out in country the lightening bugs would come out. Just 5 more minutes. Same people nowadays live far away. Different states even. Some of to explore this big world in places like Japan and Thailand. I’ll never go to any of those places. But hubby and I joke about going to Australia, Germany and Ireland. Getting back to our roots. Seeing how our ancestors lived. Battery dying and son took charger. Why would you need phone charger when your outside with no electricity? Like the old commercial “Only time will tell”. Tootsie pop commercial if I’m thinking right. I loved tootsie pops. Getting to the center and biting into that tiny piece of tootsie roll was pure heaven. My favorite was the raspberry ones. Do you remember the wrappers that had Indians on them? Not allowed nowadays might hurt someone’s feelings. To hell with that. “Suck it up buttercup as my hubby would say”. Simpler times.
Been 20 years this past September for us. I’m ready for many more years. Some would have called it quits years ago. But I’m old school. I strongly believe my wedding vows. Till death do us part. May we never stray far apart. My lover. My best friend. My soulmate. I want to see eternity come with you. No one else I’d rather be with. Wish others had relationship like ours. Up and downs. Knock down, drag out fights. Small times apart. But if I need you your right there next to me. Like when I had surgery and was hurting really bad. You crawled up into that hospital bed. You held me until I fell back to sleep. That’s true love. Sadly many people will never experience that. Like my hs friend Rachel. Dying in a car accident because someone wanted to see “Just how fast this car could go”. Poor Kahlee having to grow up with out her mom. Thinking about it breaks my heart. So glad I found her on Facebook. It’s a modern day friend and family finder. Back when I was growing up everyone knew where everyone was. Life was simpler then.
I remember when our kids were younger. Dominic got head butted by Jiminy the goat. Over at Gasper and Elaine’s house. Friends of grandpa Fred’s. Out in the country in Worcester. Another one of those quaint little towns of yester years. Elaine is now past like my dad. Not a clue about Gasper. His parents brought him all the way to the “America’s” from Italy. For a better life. It was I’m sure. Elaine was a great woman. She canned her own sauce and had a huge garden. I’ve tried but can’t get pass 5 or more small plants. I grew a 4 foot patch in our backyard in Sidney. The chives were awesome. We loved cutting fresh chives for our potato salad. Kids enjoyed growing a sun flower plant. It got so big it was taller then our front porch roof. I remember decorating for Halloween. Our friend Kathy Walker brought up some blow ups for the front lawn. We got a blow up Frankenstein. Guess he had “too many to drink. We ended up putting a brick in his Butt. Brick was from destroying old porch steps. So unsafe. Did a lot in Sidney house. Many good memories and a few bad. That was back then this is how. So many changes. We got a new house and had unsuccessful first year doing a garden. Maybe next year. Logan wants one to so as long as he helps next year could be good. I hope. Will have to get all our friends together to help us. The whole huge group of 4 or 5.
Top 24 blog topics , from the wandering mind of a trucker’s wife. You wrote this in a hotel where? While hubby was asleep ? Really. Quite productive I see lol.
1. Potty x 5, mommy bladders suck. You were up how many times last night? Girl I got you beat it’s normally 10 times for me. It helps get my steps in though.
2. What was your name again? Sorry I have CRS, can’t remember shit. Are you sure you just told me ? Carol I’m sorry coulda sworn you said Cindy.
3. Oh, did that hurt your feelings? Forgot this was your world. I’ll leave your private bubble. Do you always have an invisible 2 foot perimeter around you?
4. He said what in front of your kid? No biggie he has a trucker’s potty mouth. Yesterday he said …
5. Not my monkeys, not my circus. Then whose monkeys are they? Where did they come from? Are they mister Jim’s ?
6. Prius definition from a trucker : Mobil speed bumps. Kinda an expensive speed bump and such pretty colors. Didn’t that really tall trucker you worked with have one? Have to fold you in half to fit in there. They are tiny.
7. I have to pee like a cow pissing on a flat rock. What does that mean? How do you pee on the side of the road in heavy wind without peeing on yourself? Is it harder to do in the winter?
8. The secret life, of a trucker’s wife. I can’t believe she did THAT !!! What did she say? My mom woulda smacked her pretty little mouth.
9. I can’t believe you listen to Ac/Dc while you drive. Not my choice of calm driving music. My choice would be country or something a bit less chaotic.
10. There is a name for those funny things sticking of the bag of a rig? More aerodynamic you say? I’ll have to look it up on the internet. Probably ridiculous price to, another way to rip off a trucker.
11. Beware of roadside restaurants. They are like hog heaven. They’ll give you screaming squirts. That’s why they have 17 inch rule for truckers? Couldn’t use excuse that it’s genetic can you?
12. Walmart another place to buy crap you didn’t need cheaply. It was under $100? We shopped good. You see that clearance section? 50% off Halloween items. What do you mean it’s only September ? Gotta get some for next year right?
13. Fuddruckers table talk. That can’t be a real car inside this restaurant can it? Take a picture Logan would love it. A real 57 Chevy. Does it run too?
14. You wrote all that down in bed, at a hotel, while your hubby slept peacefully ? Noise or light didn’t wake him? A whole book you say?
15. It’s like sleeping nose to nose. He was close enough to kiss but night breathe sucks. That’s why we don’t have a full size bed. ☹️
16. Such noises people in room above us. Sounds like they have an army up there. They walk like a herd of elephants. Should we order room service for breakfast ? I can’t believe they don’t have breakfast. Wonder where the closest mc Donald’s is?
18. There is cobwebs all over on ceiling. Don’t they check cleaning ladies work? Maybe she’s just really short. Her name was spelt in a child’s handwriting. Musta been an illegal? But we’re in Massachusetts honey.
19. Wish I brought my tablet. I could have completed this whole blog post while still in bed. Man I need a cup of coffee. So glad they give us that cute little coffee maker.
20. Did you see that microcool thing? The microwave is attached to the mini fridge, kinda weird? Less likely to be stolen. The little microwave has USB ports in it and a plugin. How strange, never seen one like that before.
21. The heater cooler thing plugs in. I saw cord such a weird thing to have something that big with a cord. The night stand has 5 plug ins in it.
22. We need a never forget to take list. Q tips are my number one. What’s your #1? I don’t know is his answer lol They are in a cute plastic container. Gotta save for next time. 99 cents at target was a steal.
22. Can’t believe they don’t have breakfast 😫😫😫😫 on this menu.Not even affiliated with this hotel. $20 minimum. Prices do not include sales tax, gratuity, or $3.50 packaging fee. Not available on Sundays or major holidays. Please allow approximately 45 minutes for your order. We are going to McDonalds it’s faster.
Hope you all enjoy this blog I wrote it while on vacation with hubby in Massachusetts on our anniversary trip. Remember to hug your hubby extra tight. Life would not be worth living with out him. He’s my love, my life and I’m proud to be his wife. Here’s to 20 more years !!!
We are still at hotel in Saugus. I have insomnia now I understand how trucker’s feel when away from home. Thankfully our hotel has free coffee. It’s a nice hotel, great people. Location is not great. Road is very busy but can walk to a restaurant and Walmart is a short drive. It’s a cool Walmart it has a parking garage under the store. Escalator was scary as hell but elevator was great.
We are at Red Roof Inn Saugus
Top picture is from hotel lobby where I enjoyed my coffee while letting hubby sleep. Bottom 2 are the Walmart with scary escalator down the road Walmart with escalator . Never going to use one again I almost fell over. Not good idea for anyone with bad balance thankfully hubby was behind me to hold me up. It was a clean store not very busy. We grabbed what we needed then headed out to our prime destination SALEM. I’ll do another post shortly with all the pics and details from our Black Cat Nightly Tour . It was awesome Daniel was a super host. I made it all the way but the last stop. I feel great about it. Here’s a pic.
Hubby is awake so off I go to see what he wants to do today. Hoping for Ihop breakfast. Until next time hug your hubby tight and have a great day wherever you are. Maybe you’ll find Waldo Where is Waldo ?
He’s a professional driver you think he’d want calm music. NOT my hubby it’s Ac/Dc all the way !!!placeholder://
I’m not worried about his driving. Getting into a speed test with a Prius ? Who knew it would be that funny. Mobil speed bumps to a trucker. Too bad we are driving his own truck. But still kinda funny word choices. Gotta love trucker language.
Saw a truck with funny things on back. Hubby says they are there to reduce wind drag. Huh? No clue they just look funny. I got to see lots of trucks on our way to Massachusetts and even a big tow truck for rigs. They are huge !!! My favorite trucker had a cool sign on his rig “childhood dream WHAT was I thinking” Hubby loved it will have to get him one. We are making good time except dealing with complete idiots that don’t know how to drive. He has a choice word for each of them.
I have a lot more respect for truckers now so here’s some cool pics of some we saw.
It’s all a great experience.
Till next time hug your hubby tight and have a goodnight.
It’s a typical Monday night for me. 2 am and I’m still awake. Dreading the fact I have to work tomorrow at 10. I fall asleep every night on his pillow. I hug it so tight you would think it was a life raft. Usually sleep eludes me without him here. Here is a list of ideas on how to fall asleep on those restless nights …
1. Warm milk and cookies. Who are you kidding I’m not four. There are days where I get so depressed I wouldn’t stop at just a few cookies. Mint Oreos are my favorite go to cookie. But I’ve caught myself eating the whole package once, twice or maybe it was every time. Those cookies are no longer allowed in my house. I can’t eat just 1 ☹️
2. Exercise so much you pass out. Um no. Who wants to go to sleep all sweaty and nasty. I’d have to take a shower and that would wake me right up. Skip that idea.
3. My moms favorite is knock yourself out with a cast iron frying pan. She hit my dad with one and knocked his azz out. Although not sure I would like the headache in the morning.
4. Cough syrup overdose. Hey some say it works with kids. I’d have a problem with nasty cherry flavor or getting jittery. Might have to look in to this and see if newer cough syrup comes in better flavors. Coffee flavor would be good.
5. Try yoga to relax yourself. Only problem there is my balance. With Multiple Sclerosis my balance sucks. I’d worry about falling over and breaking my hip. Don’t think I would sleep well after that unless dr prescribed narcotics to knock me out. That might work but I’m a sissy and don’t like pain.
6. Right now I use the old easy way. Watching criminal minds until I pass out. It even helps me have some colorful dreams. If your not afraid of dreams where someone is chasing you and trying to kill you. I suggest this or maybe a milder show like Smurfs. Although I’m not sure if they still show that on normal tv.
I wanted to add a cute little note about my husband’s uniform. My favorite piece is his yellow safety jacket. It was so bright when he got it I thought it was glowing in the dark. Here it is 3 years later and still ugly as ever. But it keeps him visible. A driver at his old job didn’t wear his one night. Another trucker backed up, not seeing the other driver, and ran him over. So in my opinion if that ugly jacket is going to keep him visible in the dark. Then I want him to wear it. His safety is more important then his lack of style sense. Then again he’s a guy lol they don’t have fashion sense. 🤩🤩🤩
Have a great day. And remember, when he gets home to hug him real tight and remind him how much he means to you.
Till next time around,